Sod Cutters from 12" to 18", Standard & Heavy Duty
JR Sod Cutter 12" & 18"
- Sturdy, operator-friendly, self-propelled sod cutter
- Good Balance, Easy Handling - Maximum traction and self-propelled action - 90% of the machine's weight is on the knob tread drive wheels.
- Power for the Long Haul - Available with a 5.5-hp Honda® or a 6-hp Briggs & Stratton®; Built to last cast-iron gear case.
- Easy Depth and Blade Angle Adjustment for Varying Soil Conditions - Optional trenching and mole blade attachments.
- Optional Tote Trailer for On-Road Trailer Use - Transports Jr. Sod Cutter, Lawnaire® IV and V Plus aerators.
Heavy Duty Sod Cutter
- With walking ram cut-off and forward metering wheel.
- Cut and roll 3 acres per day.
- Two-speed transmission.
- Easy to reach control levers.
- Automatic vertical cut-off with a disc clutch and brake.
- Choice of cutting blades.
- Tires: 16 x 4.80-8, 6-ply, pneumatic tires with sealed roller bearings
- Hitch: 0.5" (13 mm) diameter pin
- Rolling Rack: Spring-loaded; adjustable for sod length Roller ram conversion kit (required for sulky roller), roll diverter, sod hold-down skid
<< Previous Next >>
|Clutch||Spring-loaded belt tightener|
|Cutting Thickness||Adjustable to 2.5" (64 mm)|
|Cutting Width||12" (305 mm) or 18" (457 mm)|
|Drive||A-section V-belt engine to gear case; double roller chain to blade eccentric shaft; gears and roller chain to traction wheels; transmission has separate dog clutches to engage cutting blade and traction drive|
|Drive Wheels||Two 8" (203 mm) diameter, knob-tread; rubber-vulcanized to cast-iron hubs|
|Lubrication||Oil splash in gear case|
|Overall Size||19" W x 53" L x 39" H (0.5 m x 1.3 m x 1 m)|
|Speed||Up to 135 ft./min. (41 m/min)|
|Weight||298 lbs. (135 kg)|